Sr. Theresa Nguyen
I am a Sister of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament of Corpus Christi, TX. I was born in Vietnam and came to the United States in 2004. I joined the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament in 2005 and became a US citizen in 2012.
I have experience as a technology teacher in Catholic Elementary Schools since August 2016 to the present. It has been through this experience that I have learned the responsibility to mentor and guide students academically, socially, and spiritually in their journey of faith. My academic and career goals include the following:
- Encouraging students to be the best that they are capable of in all areas of study
- Encouraging students to practice safe, responsible, legal, and ethical behavior while using technology tools and resources
- Exploring cutting-edge teaching techniques and integrating the latest technology within the classroom at IWA and at the workplace.
I believe that Catholic Education is a great gift to the Church. I am zealous in supporting Catholic school culture through daily liturgy, prayer, and music. I also believe that technology can improve a specific aspect of teaching and learning. I am passionate about building upon the success and fulfillment I have already experienced as a technology teacher. I look forward to meeting and working with our IWA Angels and their families. I am excited to be part of the IWA team and be able to serve in the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Corpus Christi.
Sincerely in Christ Jesus,
Sister Theresa Mi Nguyen, IWBS
COMMUNITY: SISTERS OF THE INCARNATE WORD AND BLESSED SACRAMENT
MY FAVORITE FOOD: Pho Bo, which is a Vietnamese Beef noodle soup
MY FAVORITE SPORT: I am a Spurs fan
WHAT I DO FOR FUN: Stretching exercises, playing piano, playing Canasta game with the Sisters, taking photos, and cooking, once in a blue moon.
MY FAVORITE PRAYERS: Beside Mass, Divine Office, and Rosary, I have many favorite prayers. St. Ignatius: “The Prayer of Self Offering” is the favorite of mine.
MY FAVORITE PRAYER APPS: Pray As You Go
MY FAVORITE WAY TO CONNECT WITH GOD: Meditating with Scripture and Listening to spiritual music.
BEST THING SO FAR ABOUT RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY LIFE: Sharing faith and things in common and receiving a variety of gifts.
PEOPLE WOULD BE SURPRISED TO LEARN:
- That I am the first Vietnamese sister in our congregation.
- That I have a Mexican stomach.
- That I have allergies to chocolate, milk, cheese, and butter.