College & Career Guidance Center
The College and Career Guidance Center provides information to students and families to enable them to make wise decisions essential to their spiritual, academic, social, and emotional growth.
Our school's academic counselors advise students on how to choose a college to suit their interests, as well as assisting students to complete college and scholarship applications.
Additionally, our counselors offer students guidance towards college majors that fit their interests and college preparatory coursework.
Academic counselors also provides many services to parents including information on college fairs, college application nights, and financial aid nights.
The high school level sponsors school visits by individual college representatives throughout the school year.
For more information about college planning services, please contact our Academic Counselor, Mrs. Sherilyn Calhoun.
Choosing the right college or university is one of the most important decisions a student and his/her parents will make. Incarnate Word Academy understands that families may not be able to tour every college campus of interest. With that in mind, our Academic Counseling Office works hard to bring representatives from a wide range of excellent colleges and universities to our campus to meet students in person.
Criteria to Attend College Visit Presentations
- Students MUST sign up on Naviance in order to attend.
- Students MUST communicate with teachers ahead of time for permission to miss class period(s) before attending college visit.
- Students MUST be passing the requested class and may not have excessive absences or any incomplete work.
- All seniors can attend college visits if they have the period off during the scheduled presentation time.
- All students may visit with college representatives who do lunchtime presentations in the cafeteria.
- Parents are always welcome to attend any college visit presentation.