Incarnate Word Academy Foundation
History and Purpose
The Incarnate Word Academy Foundation, the school’s endowment fund, was established in 1989 by the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament. The Foundation’s purpose is to provide adequate funding for scholarships and educational development solely for Incarnate Word Academy in Corpus Christi, Texas in perpetuity.
Why Give to the IWA Foundation?
Endowed funds provide a vehicle through which individuals make outright or planned gifts that will have an everlasting impact on Incarnate Word Academy. In time the income generated by the gift will far exceed the original donation.
As a result, the endowed funds provide a perpetual, supplemental source of income for the enhancement of the following:
- Scholarships and tuition assistance
- Academic programs and ministries
- Faculty professional development
- General fund for any unforeseen needs that may arise
Ways to Give
The IWA Foundation accepts gifts from individuals, corporations, or foundations, and invests these funds for the long-term goals of the school. There are many ways and opportunities to give:
- Annual one-time or recurring cash donations
- Memorials/honorariums from families, living and departed
- Gifts of securities
- Qualified Retirement Plan Assets- The IRA Charitable Rollover has been made permanent. Individuals age 70½ or over can exclude up to $100,000 from gross income for donations paid directly to a qualified charity from their IRA.
- Bequests from planned gifts
For more information, please contact Connie F. Cadena at (361) 883-0857, x100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.