Maintenance Custodian (Full-Time)
Incarnate Word Academy is seeking a reliable, responsible custodian to perform duties that include building and grounds maintenance and repair functions such as minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Clean, sweep, mop, and/or scrub floors by hand or machine; Clean carpet, upholstery, and furniture
- Washes windows, screens, sills, woodwork, doors, desks, walls, and ceilings
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
- Locks and unlocks doors; Able to move equipment and furniture
- Collects and disposes of waste, maintains outside walkways, and assists in keeping outside premises in orderly condition
- Provides maintenance and minor repairs to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and minor carpentry work
- Performs repairs and maintenance to buildings by patching walls and doors, painting walls and trim, and replacing fixtures.
- Set up and take down tables and chairs for special events, classes, and/or programs
- Performs other maintenance related work as required
While performing job duties, the employee is frequently required to sit, climb, keep balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
If you are interested, please email your application and resume to Malcolm Smith, Director of Campus Operations, at SmithM@iwacc.org. For questions, call us at 361-883-0857 ext. 172.
Download the Incarnate Word Academy job application here.