Elementary Level students are invited to attend swim lessons with Coach Myra “Mic” Nelson on Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 p.m. at the Del Mar College Natatorium.
At each swim lesson, girls must wear one-piece swimsuits. Boys and girls are encouraged to bring goggles. Swim caps will be given to each swimmer.
To qualify for lessons, each child must meet certain requirements:
- They must be able to jump in the water and stay near the wall on their own.
- They must be able to follow simple instructions.
- They must be able to move about the water with the use of a kickboard without hanging onto the neck of the instructors.
- If they cry and are scared to enter the pool, it is best for the student to delay lessons until they are no longer afraid. Our goal is to make them love the water not to make them dread the pool.
- For younger students, parents are encouraged to wear swimsuits and join their child in the water to make them more comfortable.