Speak Up. Stay Safe.Make a Report
Incarnate Word Academy is fully committed to maintaining an atmosphere free from violence, intimidation, bullying, or social pressure. Our goal is to provide an environment where students, parents, faculty, and staff can comfortably form a community together, express their best selves, and be affirmed in the dignity of each person as a child of a loving God.
IWA does not condone any form of violence, bullying, or intimidation between individuals during the school day, outside the school, or at school-sponsored events. Such conduct over a period of time is considered demeaning, undermining, and damaging to the social and emotional well-being of each member of the school community, thus interfering with a student’s education. Likewise, the school does not condone possible threats, intimidating, or bullying (physical, verbal, or otherwise) by any student, parent, or employee.
Incarnate Word Academy endeavors to partner with students, parents, staff, and the school community in:
- Providing ways for students and bystanders to discuss their concerns in a confidential setting.
- Teaching students how to adequately defuse/handle situations of violence, bullying, and intimidation.
- Providing potential instigators with socially appropriate ways to seek attention, power, or other motivating factors.
- Providing faculty and staff training on how to recognize/handle incidents of violence, bullying, or intimidation before they occur.
- Celebrating and communicating school and student success in forming a tolerant, compassionate school community where dignity is reverenced and celebrated.
Incarnate Word Academy considers acts of violence, intimidation, or bullying to be contrary to the Church’s teaching on the dignity of the human person. Consequently, the school will investigate all complaints promptly. Where acts of threat, intimidation, and bullying are found to be a pattern of negative behavior, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken including warnings, parent conferences, referral for counseling, suspension, or expulsion.
A reporting system has been created to appropriately identify, report, investigate, and respond to situations of bullying and harassment.
Complete the form below to submit an incident report.