President and CEO
"Protecting our precious students and each other is paramount to everything we do at IWA. To maximize safety, we have incorporated a number of modifications to the campus and have added sections, moved classrooms, and limited enrollment so that our entire student body can observe recommended social distancing guidelines during on-campus instruction. Distance learning will be available all year and will continue to be a meaningful and robust program. As with schools everywhere, our plans remain fluid as new information is provided by the TEA, TCCB, CDC and the State of Texas."
Sister Annette Wagner
IWBS Superior General
"We Incarnate Word Sisters recognize that these unfamiliar times require creative—even visionary—responses. We are grateful for the commitment of IWA’s administration to the welfare of students, staff, their families, and all those they affect through personal contact. We appreciate the teachers’ dedication and readiness to provide quality instruction in any form necessary. Please be assured of our constant prayers for your protection, guidance and patient endurance. Let us be confident that Jesus, the Incarnate Word, walks with us on this uncharted path."
The governor's changes to the state mask mandate will go into effect on March 10, 2021. The IWA Covid-19 protocols will not change at that time. Mask use will still be required on campus. We will continue to monitor guidelines provided by the CDC, TEA, and local health authorities as we work to keep the school open and safe.
- What can I do to support a healthy campus?
- Are there any travel guidelines for students?
- What will school hours be?
- How do I choose Distance Learning for my student?
- Will the school offer food services?
- Will the school offer athletic programs this year?
- What if a student needs to visit the nurse for clinical services?
- How will the school support my child during times of absence?
- What role do parents play in daily health screenings for their children?
- Will students be required to wear face masks?
- What if a student has symptoms, has exposure, or contracts COVID-19?
- Will parents be notified if a student or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Will the school allow volunteers or visitors to campus?